Looking for a scrumptious summer pasta salad that’s quick to prepare and loved by all? Look no further! Our Sailor Bailey Blt Pasta Salad is the ultimate crowd-pleaser, packed with crunchy bacon, tangy tomatoes, and vibrant red peppers that will keep you coming back for more.
Why Choose this Recipe?
Our Sailor Bailey Blt Pasta Salad is a must-have for summer gatherings. Not only is it a breeze to make, but it’s also a family favorite that guarantees smiles all around. And let’s not forget the star of the show: bacon! If you prefer a vegan version, simply substitute vegan mayo or sour cream to suit your dietary needs. This delightful pasta salad pairs perfectly with grilled and BBQ dishes, making it an irresistible addition to any menu. Personally, I find rotini pasta works wonders in this recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Sailor Bailey Blt Pasta Salad
- Bacon: Opt for turkey bacon or traditional pork bacon. Alternatively, vegan bacon is also a great choice.
- Mayo: Traditional mayo works perfectly, but you can also use sour cream or vegan alternatives.
- Ranch Seasoning: For that tangy, herby flavor, I recommend using a packet of ranch seasoning. Brands like Simply Organic or Primal Palate are my go-to choices.
- Milk of Choice: If you opt for a nut milk, make sure it’s unflavored. This will help thin the sauce and spread it evenly.
- Parmesan: A sprinkle of Parmesan adds a delightful savory touch.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Bursting with juicy goodness, cherry tomatoes add vibrant color and flavor to the salad.
- Bell Peppers: Any color of bell pepper will work wonderfully in this recipe.
- Onion: I prefer the tanginess of red onions, but feel free to use your favorite variety.
- Lemon: A squeeze of lemon juice brightens up the flavors.
- Romaine Lettuce: While optional, adding romaine lettuce provides a satisfying crunch.
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish: Don’t forget the finishing touch! A sprinkle of fresh parsley adds visual appeal.
- Avocado Slices: Optional as a delightful topping.
How to Create this Irresistible Sailor Bailey BLT Pasta Salad
Step 1: Begin by cooking the bacon to your desired crispness. I personally prefer baking it in the oven at 375ºF for approximately 20 minutes. Alternatively, cook it in a skillet, turning it often for 8-15 minutes.
Step 2: Next, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water, allowing it to cool while the bacon finishes cooking. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise or sour cream, milk, ranch seasoning, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Now, add the cooked pasta, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, onion, parsley, and half of the crumbled bacon to the dressing-coated bowl. Gently fold all the ingredients together until evenly coated. Finally, top the salad with the remaining bacon and avocado slices (if desired) before serving.
Sailor Bailey BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
Sailor Bailey BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 12 Oz package of bacon *see notes
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1 cup mayo or sour cream *see notes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 1Oz packet of ranch seasoning
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium sized bell peppers
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 cup thinly sliced romaine *optional
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- First, cook the bacon however you would like. I typically bake mine in the oven on 375º for about 20 minutes but you can also cook in in a skillet, turning often for 8-15 minutes.
- Next, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and let cool while bacon is finishing. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise or sour cream, milk, ranch seasoning, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.Add the pasta, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, onion, parsley and half of the crumbled bacon to the bowl with the dressing. Gently fold all of this together to coat. Top with remaining bacon, avocado slices if using and serve.
Tips & FAQ’s
How long will this keep?
- Keep the bacon and lettuce to the side if you are making this ahead of time, it will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days if the lettuce and bacon aren’t in it. otherwise both items can get a little soggy.
Can i make this dairy free
- Yes, use mayo as there is no dairy in it and skip the cheese or use a vegan cheese. Also use a dairy free ranch packet. several have dairy so read the ingredients.
We Want to Hear from You!
If you enjoyed this tantalizing recipe, let us know! Your feedback means the world to us. For more delightful and wholesome recipes, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your culinary journey!