If you are looking for a healthy and delicious fast food option, the Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich is a great choice.
Why You Should Try This Copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich
This recipe is much more than just another grilled boneless chicken breast on a bun. Although the slightly odd ingredient list is on the long side, and you must plan well in advance, the taste is worth it.
The one-of-a-kind combination of the pickle juice and buttermilk in the marinade tenderizes the chicken and gives the meat a unique flavor you will love.
Why Chick-Fil-A Chicken Grill Sandwiches are so good
Chick Fil A is famous for its chicken sandwiches; the chain’s grilled chicken sandwich is no exception. Although this version lacks the famously crispy and golden crust of most Chick Fil A’s menu items, it still has the legendary flavor that sets the restaurant apart from its competitors. The grilled chicken features a special blend of seasonings that gives each sandwich’s bite a flavor.
You can indulge more often without the added fat and calories from deep-frying
Ingredients You Will Need For Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
Since the ingredient list for the grilled chicken sandwich Chick Fil A recipe is rather lengthy, dividing it into different parts makes it easier to organize:
For the chicken, you’ll need the following:
Boneless breast of chicken
You will have to cut the boneless breast of the chicken in half horizontally and then pound each piece out thin. You can sometimes find prepared chicken filets to make chicken burgers to save time. Just make sure that the prepared chicken isn’t already flavored.
To Make The Marinade for the Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe, You’ll Need:
Ground black pepper
For cooking, you’ll need:
To Assemble The Grilled Chicken Sandwich Chick Fil A Serves, You’ll Need:
Hamburger buns – multigrain, whole-wheat, or multigrain brioche bun
Green Leaf Lettuce
To Make a Chick-Fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich:
Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Place a half breast in a plastic bag, and use the flat side of a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken until it is an even thickness gently. The exact thickness doesn’t matter much, but a consistent thickness ensures the meat cooks simultaneously.
Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl or sealing bag. Stir or shake well to combine.
Add the cut chicken breasts to the bowl. If using a bag, close it securely, massage the marinade into the meat, and place the bag onto a rimmed pan in case of leaks. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 30 minutes or longer in the fridge. Two hours is ideal.
When cooking the chicken, heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
In a small bowl, prepare the seasoning blend by combing salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and celery salt. Season chicken with the seasoning blend.
Brush oil on the grill grates.
Grill the chicken breasts for four to five minutes on the first and slightly less on the second sides. The chicken should release easily from the grates when it is ready to flip. Don’t play with the chicken to allow it to develop nice-looking grill marks.
When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, take the chicken off the grill and allow it to rest on a wire rack or baking sheet.
Brush the cut sides of the buns with olive oil. Toast the buns on the grill or under the broiler for about 30 seconds.
Assemble the copycat Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich by placing the lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by two thin slices of tomato, the grilled chicken breast, and finally, adding the top bun.
Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Grilled Chicken Breast
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half horizontally and pounded thin
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to brush the grill
- 4 multigrain hamburger buns
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce washed
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- Place the chicken, dill pickle juice, and buttermilk in a zip-top bag. Place the bag in the fridge, and let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for several hours.
- Prepare the seasoning blend by combing salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and celery salt in a small bowl. Season chicken with the seasoning blend on both sides of the chicken.
- Heat the grill to 350°F or use a grill pan. Brush the grill with oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F when you remove it from the grill.
- Spray a bit of non-stick spray on the insides of the hamburger buns.
- Place the buns cut-side up under a broiler on high heat until they just brown. This should take only about 30 to 45 seconds depending on your broiler.
- To build the sandwich, place a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun, followed by two tomato slices, and the grilled chicken. Place the top bun over the chicken.